* High School Diploma or GED, College Degree preferred
* At least 3,000 hours total time as a certificated pilot
* 500 hours cross-country flight time; 200 hours night time, 75 hours instrument flight time (50 in actual flight)
* A current and valid FAA Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certificate with the appropriate category, class, and type ratings (or the experience to obtain one)
* An FAA issued Medical Certificate - First Class
* Willingness to work part 135 and 91 operation schedules and travel as needed
* A home base within 2 hours driving distance to Hawthorne, CA
* Knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration rules and regulations
* Knowledge of aircraft maintenance procedures
* History proactively and efficiently seeking out answers and resources as needed
* Strong verbal and written communication, attention to detail, and organizational skills
* A high degree of customer service, and the ability to multitask successfully
* Current U.S. Passport
* Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
* Previous successful AR/GUS and Wyvern Audit experience preferred
Advanced Air is looking for a sharp, customer-centric Pilot in Command (PIC) to captain a business jet (Learjet 45XR & 75). Advanced Air was founded in 2005 with just one King Air 90. Since then, we’ve become a full service charter and aircraft management group, with over 15 aircrafts and 60 employees based out of Jet Center Los Angeles.
The Pilot in Command will report to the Company Chief Pilot regarding company operating policies and procedures, and will oversee a crew in-flight. In this role, you will exercise Pilot in Command authority of all assigned flights, and act as the final authority for the safe conduct of the flight.
Our ideal Pilot in Command is a strong multitasker who works well under pressure, and has an established record of making high-level decisions during flights. While primarily operating in a mid-sized jet, our Pilot in Command will hold to the standards of our AR/GUS and Wyvern, maintaining a high level of both customer service and compliance with safety and company regulations.
What you’ll do:
- Operate Learjets on behalf of Advanced Air in on demand part 135 and 91 operations
- Provide excellent customer service to charter customers and aircraft owners
- Manage a Second in Command during flights
- Ensure that your assigned aircraft is airworthy by completing both preflight and postflight inspections, and verifying that all required documents are on board
- Review all flight briefs regarding the purpose of the flight, weather, operating procedures, notes, and any special instructions and flight assignments
- Maintain responsibility for the success and security of the aircraft during its operation, while complying with Federal and Company regulations and policies
- Update flight and duty records to determine eligibility for the next flight assignment, and ensure maintenance discrepancies are reported
- Proactively ensure safety and quality by identifying, reporting, and mitigating hazards and quality issues
What's in it for you:
Advanced Air offers our team members a competitive compensation, and traditional benefits like medical, dental, and vision. We also have many additional perks:
Company Sponsored Outings: Past events have included sporting events, happy hours, Pilot Quality of Life Meetings and Pilot Dinners, Relay Races, Volunteer activities, and more.
JetBlue flow-through program
JetBlue Jump Seat & non rev rights for employees and family members, as well as Virgin America jump seat opportunities
Set Schedule: 6 on, 3 off
Vacation Homes: Thirteen vacation properties for employees to utilize in various locations in California, Utah, Colorado, and Nevada
In-house Investment Programs: Participate in the growth and profitability of the company through our in-house investment programs. We also offer home ownership & loan programs.
Contribute to Your Community: Through our volunteer service, sustainable initiatives, charitable giving, and work with local universities, Wedgewood provides opportunities throughout the year for its employees to give back to the community for the greater good.
Advanced Air is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We look forward to hearing from you!