Are you a professional pilot with single-crew experience? Are you looking for a new challenge that offers a once in a life time experience? How about living within a thriving community, set in a stunning natural environment? If so, come and join our small team of professional pilots in the beautiful Falkland Islands.
The Falkland Islands Government is seeking to recruit an experienced Commercial Pilot with Instrument Rating who will join our team in the Falklands on a 1 year contract. You will join an existing small but highly professional team operating BN2 Islander aircraft on commercial air transport activities in the Falkland Islands.
* You will hold a Commercial Pilots Licence/Instrument Rating or an Air Transport Pilots licence issued by EASA, FAA or TCCA (no other licence will be considered).
* You will have accrued at least 2,000 flight hours, at least 250 must be In Command and a minimum of 150 In Command of multi or twin engine aircraft.
* Experience in a single-pilot commercial air transport operation environment along with Garmin avionics and short-field (grass airstrip) experience would be advantageous.
- One year Fixed Term Contract.
- Salary Range £36k - £44k, starting salaries will be dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- Eligibility for a 15% Gratuity, paid upon successful completion of the contract.
- 30 Days Annual Leave, plus government and public holidays (totalling 41 days leave).
- Relocation Allowance, to help with moving costs.
- Flights Package for you and your dependents.
- Government Housing for rent at a subsidised rate and a starter pack to help you settle in.
The Working Environment
Falkland Islands Government (FIG)
The Falkland Islands is a British Overseas Territory, with full internal self-government.
As the largest employer in the Falkland Islands, we offer many unique and fulfilling job opportunities, across the full spectrum of public services. Our responsibilities include those typically managed by central government – taxation, legislation and policy, as well as those usually managed on a local level such as town planning, health and social services, and education. FIG also provides services specific to the needs of the Falkland Islands, such as fisheries research, power generation and the Government Air Service, FIGAS.
For more information about working for Falkland Islands Government, take a look at our recruitment microsite: www.jobs.gov.fk
The Falkland Islands
Set in the South Atlantic Ocean, around 400 miles east of South America and 8000 miles south-west of the UK, the Falkland Islands are a small, thriving community with a British way of life, benefiting from good local services, a varied social calendar and an absence of traffic jams!
The Falkland Islands’ stunning natural environment provides an unspoiled landscape and amazing wildlife to observe and explore, including penguins, whales and dolphins, all seen from the shore.
For those with a sense of adventure, it provides opportunities which are hard to match anywhere else in the world.
Please see attached pdf for more information.